Monday, May 17, 2010

Back to Triathlon

I cannot tell you how cool it is to trade emails with Coach Hillary when she is halfway across the world. The instance response is amazing. She is getting ready for Ironman Lanzorate this weekend. It has a reputation of being the toughest Ironman course that exists. It is also one of the most beautiful. I think she will do great.

On the coaching front she has upped the work from here on out. I have a 90 mile ride on for Saturday.  I didn't see 90 until July of last year. Hit a solid 15 mile run today too. I am stoked to have some good training in the works. A great time to have focus on one thing at a time.

Swimming is taking a jump too. Longer intervals and shorter rest periods. On top of that I have decided to give myself some extra swim work because I never feel comfortable in the water for long periods of time. Too much time to think. Boredom sets in at the 1.5 mile mark.

Tapp learned how to dive today.  An important skill on swim team.  We are beginning to see the essence of a long smooth stroke. It is just a flicker but she will be amazing in the near future. Glad she is getting the time. We have date night on Thursday. Her class was divided boys and girls last week to have their first "sex" talk with the school nurse. I am afraid every time she starts to ask a question now.

Friday is Hot Dog Day with Dad's for the Pre-K kids. I get to eat lunch and play games at school with Wesley. There can be no better way to close out a week. I will be in the right frame of mind for that 6 - 7 hours riding on Saturday. That includes water breaks and refueling stops that will be necessary. At least this round is flat but all in the aero position. I expect a major case of monkey butt before it is over.

Vote early, Vote often, Vote O'Brien!!!!!

Langley Out!!

No comments: