Thursday, May 27, 2010

The End of the Rut

Finally had a good run this week. It wasn't at the right pace but it felt good. I was able to find a rhythm with a solid stride. Cadence was down. Hopefully that means everything is falling back into place. I changed the time of the workout and that seemed to help. Also made sure I fueled up earlier. Now it is time to get the swim back on track. I had nothing in the pool. I felt like I was treading water. Usually the swim is my fall back. I can always smooth out and get in a groove. Not lately. Have to schedule lunch in the pool for a while.

I have signed up for the Cardinal Harbour Half Ironman on July 17. This serves two purposes. I get in a solid training day 6 weeks out. I also get to do the race on a large portion of the IMLOU bike course. It will be a great gauge. Make no mistake, I will not be racing this one. I will be treating it completely as training. I say that now because I have no idea if I can convince myself of that once the race starts. Don't want to do race intensity because I might no recover enough in time to excel on August 29th.

Was invited to a dinner party at Doe's last night. About 20 guys for great food and fellowship. My buddies Walter and Harry got us into a discussion about what I am doing and the cause I am trying to serve with it. If the discussions are any indications the Jackson Graves Foundation will be getting some more small donations before August. That is fantastic!!!

Langley Out!!!

No comments: