Monday, May 24, 2010

A Friend

Elizabeth Page Tyer is one of the great people in the world. She is one of those mothers who does everything and never shows a bit of frazzle.  She is dripping with Southern gentility. She loves unconditionally. She speaks her mind. She defends all that she believes. She sacrifices herself everyday for her daughters and her husband.  She is to be admired.

I stole this from her facebook page today. It screamed at me. She is wise beyond her years. She said in reference to the quote below:

 I know this is supposed to be about "love," but it made me think of my best friends. They are the ones who listen to me, know when to let me vent, know when to hush and know when to offer advice or tell me to suck it up. And I listen.


On this day, God wants you to know...
... that the way you know you have found the right one is the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with the person. Having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful h...and will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away. - a quote by Dinah Craik

I am acquainted with lots of people. Very few do I call friend. Each passes the test above. My training is mostly solo and without an ipod (train like you race). From that solitude come appreciation of friendship, and loyalty. That makes the pain go away

Langley Out!!!

No comments: