Monday, May 24, 2010

Great Long Ride

Was under orders for a 90 mile ride on Saturday. It was cruise pace. In Coach Hillary terms that is "just ride and pace will take care of itself, but don't go too slow" Got done and had averaged a little over 18 mph for the distance. 4:50 for the ride Kept my cadence down in the 70's and light on the pedals. No mashing it.

Sent her my info today and her response was "90 miles?" I affirmed and asked why the question mark. She told me that was really fast. I was not fast. I did manage consistency on each lap. I am proud of that. Am bragging now because next week is 90 miles with hills. That will take a LOOOOONNNNG time. 7 hours probably.

The week after that I am supposed to push the pace on a flat course to better the 4:50 time. I am setting myself up for failure or pain. I will bet pain and success. Looks like she is going to give me a new goal or test every few weeks. I like the challenges. Will make for a great IMLOU in August. Hotter than Hell on Saturday gives me a head start on heat acclimation.

If you are in Fayetteville area get your Red, White and Baby Blue tickets before they run out. June 25th at the Garden Room. Music, food, drinks, and good fellowship for the Jackson Graves Foundation. Go by Everett Maxey Buick in Bentonville or find the foundation page on facebook for more buying information. If I can go 140 miles in one day you can go to a party.

Langley Out!!!

No comments: