Friday, May 7, 2010

Week that was

Checking in!!. It has been a week. Had a cruising 14 miles on Monday. It was the first move toward 26.2. The Tuesday ride was tough. That big gear work really wears on me. Made the run after feel great though. Wednesday I had the best 200 meter swim with paddles and pull buoy since I started. It was 3:37. Much faster than normal.

That my friends is adapting to training. I love that feeling. Thursday was a cruise at pace on the bike and a short run. Friday is a pacing swim and 6 mile run. I will be falling in the pool in a just a bit. Seeing results makes training much better.

Tomorrow is an 80 miler. Luckily it will be realtively flat and the weather should be perfect. Ready to roll. Wind should push me like a jet one direction!!! The head wind will be a fight. Good to build strength.

Several mental challenges this week. I think I am worn out because this solitary training gives me waaaay too much time to think!!! I have managed to keep it out of the ditches.

Tapp has started swim team. It is great to see her out there working. Once the light goes off in her head she will be rolling. Wesley has started swim lessons. She has caught on quick. Already swimming in the the deep end. Most importantly she can do perfect CANNONBALL!!!!  It will be great when they are in the lanes next to me going back and forth.

Langley Out!!!

No comments: