Saturday, May 15, 2010

Week that was - Vote on Tuesday!!!

This was a difficult week. Family and personal life took priority and workouts had to suffer just a bit. A giant void was created Monday. Have no way to replace it. Getting by has been made possible because I learned about the great friends I have who listen and give honest, sometimes difficult advice. It has been awesome.

Training kept me going. It was not the quality I needed but I am making process. Long run was good on Monday. I am always surprised I can run that far. Ride on Tuesday was half ass and half way done. It will get better. Wednesday was good on the road. The rest of the week was useless. However, I got to take Tapp to swim workouts twice this week. It is cool to watch her go at it. The potential for growth is awesome.

On Friday Wesley stood me up. She and I were supposed to hang out while her sister took a friend to the movies. We went to eat at the Purple Cow and she broke the sad news to me. "Daddy can I have one of your pickles?" "Sure" I said. "Even if I am not hanging out with you?" All the while using her angelic expression and giving a kiss every few seconds. She is such a little con artist. Swim was done but weather wiped out the run.

Before I hit the bike tonight, I spent the morning watching cartoons and Hannah Montana with the girls. It is really cool way to spend a Saturday morning. With rain off and on, it will be a long evening or morning on the computrainer and Louisville bike course.

If you are in Arkansas, don't forget to vote on Tuesday!!! If you don't vote you cannot complain about the state of things. I encourage you to vote for my friend Pat O'Brien. He will make a great Secretary of State.

No comments: